Concordia's City Clerk is Stacey Smith. She has been with the City since July 2006, and has
served as City Clerk since September 2008.
The City Clerk’s office maintains, protects, and preserves the official records of the City. Access to or copies of public records may generally be obtained by filing a request with the City Clerk. The office is also responsible for maintaining and updating the City Code, recording and certifying special assessments, receipting most general revenues of the City, coordinating the bid process, taking expressions of interest for City Boards and Commissions and coordinating appointments, and issuing most trades and occupation licenses.
Description of other duties and responsibilities of the City Clerk:
* The City Clerk is responsible for attending all meetings of the City Commission, keeping a true record of its proceedings, and of official acts and, when necessary, shall attest to them.
* The City Clerk keeps and preserves, in the Clerk’s office, the corporate seal of the City, all records, public papers and documents of the City not belonging to any other officer.
* The City Clerk is authorized to administer oaths; and copies of all papers filed in the Clerk’s office, and transcripts from the records of the proceedings of the City Commission, including ordinances duly certified by the Clerk under the corporate seal of the City, shall be taken as evidence in all courts of the State without further proof.
* The City Clerk performs such other duties as is prescribed by Ordinance or State Statute.
* Coordinates and oversees legal publications.
* Responsible for deeds, bonds, and insurance for the City.
* Processes all paperwork subsequent to the City Commission meetings for execution and filing.
* Responsible for Clerk’s department budget preparation and coordination.
* Responsible for maintenance and supervision of the records system for the City. Click here to request an open record.
* Oversees preparation of the City Commission agenda for the City Commission meetings.
* Provides information to the public and City offices by phone and in person.